Red Seal Millwright
Job Code: #5023
Job Type: Contract
Location: Prince George
Excel Personnel has been retained by our client in Houston, BC to recruit their Red Seal Millwright.
Are you seeking a new career opportunity?
Our Client's purpose is Enabling a zero carbon, lower cost energy future, and delivering on this purpose means we work in an environment of significant transformation and growth. The Millwright is responsible for a diverse spectrum of duties and responsibilities with the common goals of safety, product quality and delivery of the plant. You will provide maintenance to various pieces of equipment throughout the facility. You will set an example and provide leadership for safety in all areas of the business.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Routine Daily Maintenance
- Providing regular and routine maintenance to machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity, and environmental policies are held to the highest standards
- Install, maintain, inspect, and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment
- Work with work order systems
- Work with other trades like electricians in a team environment, to increasing safety, efficiency, quality, and production
Shutdown and Strategic Capital Projects
- Provides assistance and expertise to projects including planning as needed
- Collaborates with other maintenance team members and Drax staff to ensure safety, efficiency, quality, and timely execution of projects
Mentorship and Leadership to Maintenance Staff
- Champions Our Client's Safety Program; active contributor in maintaining safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legislation and regulations
- Mentor in house Millwright Apprentices through their professional development
- Maintenance of various pieces of equipment throughout the facility
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- Red Seal Certified Trades Professional Designation
- 5+ years of progressive heavy industry experience
- Completed a journeyman apprenticeship in a Millwright trade
- Knowledge of maintenance practices
- Ability to build a rapport and working relationship with key stakeholders, with a collaborative and supportive approach to getting the job done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and able to challenge and influence where required
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find and implement resolutions
Ability to work flexible schedule as needed (on call support for Plant Management Team/Supervisor Relief).
- Required to travel between multi sites within our Canadian Operations to support as required (20% of time).
- May be required to visit other Canadian operations to support major outages as required.
To APPLY submit your resume in Word Format at www.excel.bc.ca and upload your resume directly to the job www.excel.bc.ca/opportunities/job/5023 so our recruiters can view your interest. Your recruiter is Beverley Proteau.
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People for Exceptional Companies since 1992 in Northern, Central and Southern BC.
If you are not qualified to work in Canada yet, please reapply when you have your work visa or social insurance number in hand.
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for companies that do not have an HR professional onsite and for those that do, that wish to outsource while they continue with their in house hiring practices.